The Alien Cat: Ship's Log Entry #1

Official Log
Ship ID#A13; Model: Siamese Stealth
Date: 00176550
Personnel ID#666; Position: Special Agent
Name: *****
Age: *****
Verification Code: 666mouser

I have now been aboard my ship for 3 days. It's my first interstellar assignment, and I am pleased to have received this mission as a solo mission. I am en route to the Milky Way Galaxy to investigate the sole planet containing intelligent life there.

We have been observing their satellite transmissions for decades now. A scout ship exploring the Andromeda Galaxy picked up a beacon from the neighboring galaxy and reported it to the Secretary of Security. We immediately sent out scouts with high ranking sensor systems to observe the galaxy. The transmission was found to be coming from the 3rd planet from a star the galaxy's solar system.
After a year of analysis, we were able to determine there were over 6000 spoken languages on the planet. I'm not a linguist, so I don't know how the experts ended up translating, but I know it had to do with complex algorithms and cross referencing. It's a good thing they were able to figure them out though, as my mission would be impossible if we couldn't translate the languages. In fact, the language barrier is the primary reason it has taken us so long to actually land on the planet.

We were able to determine that the natives collectively called the planet "Earth", which our people widely considered odd. It seems derogatory to name one's planet after dirt. Our own planet, Felisunito, is much more appropriately named. We were also able to pin down the way the natives calculate time on their planet. From that were were able to calculate that the beacon that initially attracted our attention was sent in to space in the Earth year of 1957.

Aproximately 50 Earth years later, we are prepared to land on the planet. I am the agent they selected for the mission. It is a tremendous honor. My mission is to observe the native life forms, in particular the "humans" that dominate the planet, and report their habbits and activities. I am to keep a low profile and try to blend in. Luckily, there are feline life forms on the planet natively, so I should be able to blend in as one of them. It has been observed that most humans are not very knowledgeable of the animal life on the planet. My anatomical anomolies will probably be overlooked. I will just have to avoid those humans who DO know a lot about cats.

The ship's data logs indicate I will have enough supplies for 2 round trips between Felisunito and Earth. I have no intention of making 2 round trips, nor is it expected of me. The extra supplies are in case I should run in to difficulties and become lost or stranded in space. I have only minimal supplies for my duration on the planet. I have a month's field rations in case I land somewhere where food is unavailable. Our study of the planet has indicated that the small wildlife can be hunted for sustenance, and there are numerous edible plants. The food humans feed animals, and the food humans themselves eat, will also suffice when available. Should I land in a desert or ocean, I would need the rations to live on until I found more hospitable conditions.

I have trained my entire life for this mission. I suffered countless group assignments in order to prove myself capable of handeling a solo mission. I established myself as a veritable prodigy! The Secretary of Security, the General and the High Counciler were pleased with me and argued over what department I would join. The Secretary was very pleased when I requested to join the Agency. I have always felt I have a knack for espionage.
My life's training will be put to the test on the planet Earth.
I can't wait!

--End Log Entry--

No comments:

Post a Comment