The Alien Cat: Stowaway

Official Log
Ship ID#A13; Model: Siamese Stealth
Date: 00176551
Personnel ID#666; Position: Special Agent
Name: *****
Age: *****
Verification Code: 666mouser

Today I decided to double check the ship's rations. There are certain things I really like, and certain things I don't like at all...like peanut butter! Because of the protein and long shelf life, peanut butter is a common ingredient in ship's rations. I have been organizing the ship's food stocks in to 3 groups; "to Earth", "to Felisunito" and "lost".
I'm trying to put all the things I really like in the "to Felisunito" category to make my homecoming all the more pleasant. The things I just like in general, I'll have on this current trip. Anything I greatly dislike, I'm putting in the "lost" category because I don't anticipate getting lost and don't want to worry about the food I don't like. If worst comes to worst and I do become lost and begin to have a problem with rations, what I like or dislike really won't be a priority anymore! It'll just be about survival at that point, so if I have to eat peanut butter rations instead of turkey rations, so be it. Plus...if I'm lost for TOO long, I may begin to run low on rations all together. In that situation, it would be easier to reduce the rations if I don't like them very much. Something really tasty, would be hard to force myself not to eat all of it.
I have noticed something rather unsettling as I catalog the rations. There seems to be a deficit. It's a minor deficit, but noticeable. There is nearly 3 times as much food missing as there should be by this point in the mission. I have not eaten more than normal, so I must assume a case or two of rations were left on the loading dock by mistake. I will have to

[Clang! Agent666 stopped writing in the ship's log and looked around in surprise. The ship shouldn't be making any clanging sounds. Had they collided with something? No, that couldn't be it. The ship would've been jarred and she'd have felt it. Maybe something small had glanced off the hull. That might not have been felt...but would it have been heard?
"Computer! Status report!" She snapped impatiently.
"All systems functioning normally. Power status is normal. There are currently two life forms aboard."
"Oh, well that's good then...wait, WHAT? Two life forms? I didn't bring any pets or prey with me and this is a solo mission!"
"Indicators show two registered life forms." The computer didn't elaborate on that, but Agent666 hadn't really expected it to, frustrating though it was.
"Identity?"
"Unknown."
"Unknown? How can it be unknown? You said it's a registered life form, which means it has to be a member of the Agency because only Agents have clearance to board Stealth model ships!"
"Subject appears to have an encrypted registration number."
"Well decode it then!"
"Level 3 voice clearance required for encryption decode commands."
"Damnit, I don't have Level 3 clearance. Level 3 is for technitions! There is no technition assigned to this mission. Why is there anything on the ship with that clearance level required? There shouldn't be anything I'm unable to do on a solo mission! That's a safety requirement."
"A Level 3 command was logged in the system the day we took off from the Agency Command Central."
"Grrr, that means someone from the Agency with tech clearance snuck aboard the ship and placed the command to hide themselves. But why? I was granted this mission solo, so surely no one had clearance to board in secret."
"There is no record of any other personnel being assigned to this ship. You have sole clearance to board this ship after stocking."
"I see. So that means I have a stowaway...."]

double check every nook and cranny on the ship. Apparently I have a stowaway on board. A13's computer just informed me there is another Agent aboard. Their ID number is encrypted, which means whoever it is, has technician clearance. I do not have clearance high enough to override it.

I really must speak to the Secretary and the General about that. It seems to me that the captain of a ship should have total access to everything on said ship. Sealed records should be downloaded to the mainframe if they're worried about someone accessing records of past missions without permission...

I have a suspicion as to who my stowaway is. There's a certain fatso technician who tends to latch on to me whenever possible. If it is him, oh-ho-ho, I will enjoy expelling him from my ship! If not for the rules and regulations, I'd toss him out the airlock without a suit! But I'm required to send him off in a pod with a no-override autopilot set for home. Actually, all the pods are set with those. There isn't a reason someone would eject from a ship in a pod and not be heading for the home planet.
The pods all bear a single eye window that matches the eye windows of the ship it came from, so it can be returned later. The model of ship determines how many are available.

The A13 has 6 eyepods. Yes, that's right. Eyepods. They are pods....with eye windows...and so they are eyepods.

....
WHAT? Don't look at me like that....
--End Log Entry-

No comments:

Post a Comment